Animal Adaptations reflection

Section 1:

This term we did a science project on animal adaptations. We did this in partners and my partner was Sofia, our animal was the greater Bilby. In our project we had to do three different things: Adaptations, habitat and experiment. There are so many adaptations for the Bilby (an adaptation is the action or process of adapting or being adapted). The habitat is where the animal lives and what’s around it. Then we conduced an experiment on one of the Bilby’s adaptations.

3 facts I found interesting:

1.I like how the Bilby’s strong limbs can escape predators and can dig a hole up to 3 meters deep! And just with it’s forelimbs and sharp claws and the Bilby can dig a hole in 30secs-1min.

2.I also think that since the Bilby has poor vision it relies on it’s other senses to find it’s way around like smell ,hearing etc.

3.The final thing I found interesting was that they very rarely drink water because they get all of their moisture from their food.

2 understandings I have:

1.Something I learnt was the Bilby gets all its water/moister from it’s food.

2. And that the Bilby turns it’s ears in circles to listen better for it’s food (bugs).

1 wonder I have:

Something I want to find out is why the Bilby is so territorial why doesn’t it come out at night (it’s nocturnal).

section 2:

One of the most important that I learnt as that all living things have adaptations and behavioral features nothing that is living doesn’t have 1 adaptations. I learnt it by paying attention in class and doing a lot of research. What i’m going to do with what I have learnt is tell other people about it and store it in my brain.

Summary;

This term we did a science project on a Bilby we told you about it’s adaptations, habitat, behavioral features and behavioral adaptations etc. I told you what I will do with what I have learnt and told you what I did learn and I have told you what I want to learn and what one of the most important thing was that I learnt.