Reaflection on my prepeard speech

Something I felt difficult was the research beacuse sometimes it would come up with something I have already done and that was kind of annoying. And it was hard to find the key points on some of the web sites because some of them were cofusing and hard to understand. I also founnd puting everything together hard to do because I diden’t know where to put the infomation on my cue cards but I evantioually worked it out .

The strong parts of my presentation were that liquids can be compressed in a half-full bottle not a full one. Another strong point was that liquid can’t be compressed in a full botle which means on a empty bottle you are squezing air.

Next time I think I could stop moving to much next time and have smaller cue cards and I think I was to nervous that’s why I was moving to much and because I had to big of cue cards I got lost on where I was on the cue cards.

I could use my speeking and listening skills in other subjects like in maths, litercy, and all the other subjects for when we do a turn and talk. And when we are doing leasons I use my listening skills to lee when he’s talking. 

below is my prepeard speech:

Introduction:Good Morning 5/6b, today I will be talking about if liquids can be compressed.

Water is the most common liquid on our planet. Liquid is one of the five primary states of matter,the others being solid, gas, plasma and bose einstein condensate. Liquid is a fluid. Liquid is able to flow and take shape in a container, some liquids resist compression although others can be compressed.

(show prop) for example this liquid is taking on the shape of its container. With a full bottle the particles are held in place and it has a definite shape, unless you are strong enough to change it’s shape and squash it. The liquid particles are held so closely together they tumble over each other and this is why a liquid takes on a shape of whichever container it is placed in.

This bottle can not be squashed there isn’t any space between the particles, a liquid can not be compressed in a bottle that is full because it’s a solid.

(show prop) If we have a bottle of water which is half full, we can compress the bottle because of the volume of water. We can compress the bottle because it’s a solid and because of it’s shape. However, the density of the water does not change because of the pressure.

With this balloon, if I squeeze the balloon too much it will pop before the water compresses inside.

Conclusion: Liquids can be compressed, but by very little, given very high pressure. The density of the water does not change with pressure. The reason anything is compressible is because of the atoms that are packed so tightly together.

Thank you for your attention.